|2 Meals Ready To Go…|
I recently had my fourth baby and was blessed to have many marvelous friends drop off a meal, some fresh veggies from the farmers’ market or some yummy sweet treats. Every thoughtful gift was so appreciated – not only by me – but my husband and children as well. No one made me a meal with the expectation to get one in return, but now that my baby is a few months old, I am so happy to “bake it forward” and pass along some loving meals to others.
Today I made a super easy Spinach and Chicken Sausage Baked Fusilli for some good friends who were definitely in need of an easy Friday night meal. This recipe actually made 2 casseroles so I was even able to treat two families to a nice surprise with one little cooking session.
1 pound pasta, cooked (I used Organic Fusilli from Trader Joe’s)
1 large jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 pound fresh Baby Spinach
1 pound Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Sausage
2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Remove sausage from casings and cook completely.
3. Add baby spinach to the cooked sausage. Let it wilt down.
4. Add spaghetti sauce and pasta. Stir to combine.
5. Add about 1 cup of the mozzarella.
6. Spread in one 9 x 13 pan or two 9 x 9 pans. (Lightly spray pans with cooking oil to expedite clean-up.) Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top of the casseroles.
7. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. (Or wrap it up and freeze it for later!)
This meal is definitely a one-pan wonder, but I dropped it off with a loaf of garlic bread, some carrots and celery with hummus for an after-school snack, and some delicious chocolate chip cookie dough brownies for dessert. Disposable pans alleviate the necessity of tracking down your pyrex at a later date …
|Ready for the sauce and cheese.