From what I hear, Smothered Pork Chops are very southern. I am always looking for a new way to cook pork, so I thought I might give it a try. We served this with garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. Yum!
Smothered Pork Chops
2 onions, sliced
1/4 c. olive oil
6 boneless pork chops
1 c. flour
2 T. garlic powder
2 T. onion powder
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 can chicken broth
1. Mix flour and seasonings together in a pie plate or deep dish for dredging pork chops.
2. Saute the sliced onion as rings in the olive oil until lightly browned.
3. Dredge both sides of the pork chops in flour mixture.
4. Brown in the frying pan – 4 minutes or so per side. Remove pork chops and onions to a plate.
5. Mix some of the extra seasoned flour in the oil and whisk the rest with the chicken broth. Add the chicken broth mix to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the pork and onions back to the pan. Cover with the gravy and simmer on low for about 40 minutes. The gravy is truly incredible!