Root vegetables do not get a lot of love. These misunderstood veggies are seriously underappreciated so I am excited that our #SundaySupper theme for this week is Root Vegetables! I thought about tackling a more unique veggie but, as luck would have it, I had three beets just waiting to be eaten… So, let’s try some roasted beet hummus! After you check out this delicious hummus, scroll to the bottom of this post for more root veggie recipes …
For this roasted beet hummus, I decided to try my hand at making a recipe video! My friend and I took a free workshop at the Apple store to learn more about iMovie and taking videos with your iPhone. I bought a small tripod and decided to take the plunge!
This process was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be and I think it came out pretty cute! Apologies for the peppy iMovie music. I haven’t learned the music part of this video process yet. After I posted it to Facebook in the morning, it had 1000 views by the time I got home for dinner! Woohoo! I also posted this video to youtube… I would love to create a collection of easy recipe videos on my youtube channel. Stay tuned, I hope you like this first effort!
So what do you think? Should I do more? Anyone else making movies? I would love some tips! I hope you liked the video and I know you will love the roasted beet hummus. Happy Sunday Supper to you all!
Roasted Beet Hummus #SundaySupper
- 3 beets , roasted and chopped
- 1 can chickpeas , drained
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 T tahini
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt , to taste
Cut tops and bottoms off beets. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast for an hour or so at 400 degrees. Cool.
Chop beets and add to food processor.
Add chickpeas, garlic, and tahini. Add salt. Pulse until combined.
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend some more.
Taste! Add more oil or salt if necessary.
Serve with veggies or chips or as a burger topping!
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips from Momma’s Meals
- Golden Beet Chips with Sea Salt from Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Roasted Parsnip, Carrot and Garlic Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup from Magnolia Days
- Root Vegetable Soup with Herb Croutons from An Appealing Plan
- Root Veggie-White Bean Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Beet Hummus from And She Cooks
- Waffled Carrot Latkes from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Beetroot Orange Marmalade with Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits from Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Smoothie from Brunch-n-Bites
- Carrot Cake Waffles from Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Skillet Bake from The Texan New Yorker
- Bacon-Potato Torte from Tramplingrose
- Beef & Root Vegetable Hand Pastries from Gate to Plate
- Beet, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza from Caroline’s Cooking
- Beet Pesto from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cassava Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Celery Root, Apple and Gorgonzola Flat Bread Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Hearty Stew Hand Pies from The TipToe Fairy
- Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad from The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Sweet Potato Waffles from Our Good Life
- Root Vegetable and Carrot Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Borscht from The Crumby Cupcake
- Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes from Life Tastes Good
- Turnip Rutabaga and Root Veggie Beef Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Wild Rice Vegetable Bake from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Potato Wedges with Parmesan and Garlic from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beet, Greens and Goat Cheese Gratin from Monica’s Table
- Boxty (Irish Potato Pancakes) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Browned Butter Braised Baby Turnips from Food Lust People Love
- Butter-Braised Spring Carrots from The Redhead Baker
- Caprese Twice Baked Potatoes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Carrot Ribbon and Orange Salad from Pies and Plots
- Celery Root Gratin with Horseradish Cream from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Classic Italian Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Gogoma Jorim (Korean Soy-braised Sweet Potatoes) from kimchi MOM
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Jicama Home Fries from Casa de Crews
- Lemon Thyme Au Gratin Potatoes from Vintage Kitty
- Moroccan Harissa Potatoes from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Roasted Root Vegetable Farro from Cooking Chat
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (with make-ahead tip) from Meal Planning Magic
- Roasted Vegetables from Delaware Girl Eats
- Root Vegetable Mash from Feeding Big and more
- Rooty Dauphinoise from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Smashed Potatoes from Taste And See
- Smoked Sausage Potato Casserole from Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Carrots & Potatoes from Sweet Mornings
- Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Best Ever Carrot Cake from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Carrot Cookies from The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Carrot & Squash Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Classic Carrot Cake from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fudgy Beet Brownies from Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake from Real Food Real Deals
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement